Sunday, September 27, 2015

Power of Words

Heavenly Father,

Today I pray that my children be fully aware of the power of their words; especially words spoken to loved ones.
Words are forever. Once said, they cannot be taken back or erased from a memory.  I have lived in regret for so many spoken words.  I am still learning when to speak and when to be silent; when to let my yes be yes and my no be no and then to hush. So, I pray these precious ones will not have to ask forgiveness over and over because they grow to be acutely aware of the power of the words.  Words build up or tear down....all in the power of the tongue. May we all handle that power with special care and Holy Spirit discernment. IJN Amen

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer (Psalm 19:14 NIV).
 
Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matt 12:34).  The enemy knows that if he can get enough of the wrong things going on in our mind, they will eventually begin to come out of our mouth. Our words are very important because they confirm our faith – or in some instances our lack of faith.
​Loving you always and forever ~​

No comments:

Post a Comment