Sunday, September 27, 2015

Expect Fulfillment from God, not from Each Other or Money

Heavenly Father,

It is very easy to desire things from a relationship that we are only able to get from You; should  get from only You.  Praise You for being the ultimate Keeper of Promises.  Forgive us, Lord for expecting to receive certain feelings of worth from a partner. When somethings feels 'off', may we learn to examine our own walk with You first.  Forgive us for looking to another to meet needs that can only be met by You.  I pray these loved ones will not allow significant relationships to be riddled with unrealistic - ungodly - expectations. You promise to meet all our needs.  You promise that nothing can separate us from Your love.  You promise that no one can snatch us out of Your hand.  Lord God, if we want our relationships to be healthy, we have to first believe Your promises and look to You before looking to another person to complete us. Only You and You alone can complete Your creation, man and woman.
 Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you;  never will I forsake you.”
Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 10:27-29  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.  My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand

Be A Circle Maker by Mark Batterson: There is nothing God loves more than keeping promises, answering prayers, performing miracles and fulfilling dreams. That is who He is and what He does….the greatest moments in life are the miraculous moments when human impotence and divine omnipotence intersect.
​ ......​
I
​t
 is absolutely imperative at the outset that you come to terms with this simple, yet life changing truth:  
GOD IS FOR YOU.

To hear God’s promise is to hear something that perhaps no one else around us can hear. It is to feel ourselves begin to tap our toes and move gently to the beat of the music, perhaps to the bewilderment of those watching us. The music we hear is the music of God’s future. Hope is hearing the tune. Faith is to dance to it now. – Ben Patterson

So, dance, my Darlings......Forever and Always ~

No comments:

Post a Comment