Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Give us fresh Ideals and new Attitudes!

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for instructing us and teach us in the way we should go. I pray that there be a deep, sure confidence in my children and in me that You truly are guiding us. I pray that our sweet, small family refuses to be conformed to this world and this age. I pray that we each submit to being changed - transformed - by the renewing of our minds.

Give us fresh ideals and new attitudes Lord....all pleasing to You.   

​It is an exciting time, Lord. Chip and Rebecca are actively seeking jobs of Kingdom-worth and purpose.  Marc and Alyssa have established skills that that serve You, others and themselves  in the service industry. Bob and I are face-to-face with a new season of life. Are we slowing down? Not so much, Lord. What's that all about??!
 
We are all preparing for next steps and see our pathways growing brighter and brighter.  As we follow you may our paths become clearer each day. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for wisdom, discernment and counsel. You have provided much fruit for us to carry on: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  May we all learn not to lean on our own understanding; but, to acknowledge You in all our ways for Your will leads to the path of life.  We trust You. We love You. We believe that You will make a way for each of us, Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen
 
Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;  I will counsel you with my loving eye on you

​Romans 12: 2  ​
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
 
I have to remind myself that joy and freedom always lie in obedience. Each of the sacrifices ultimately results in my own good. There are some acts of so called freedom that destroy freedom.
​  ​
Obedience to God always brings reward. Our ability to hear His voice begins when we reverence Him through simple obedience 
​                                                             ​
-He Speaks To MePriscilla Shirer


Sometimes we wonder if we are doing what is right. But we can easily eliminate that dilemma by obeying God. God will never command us to do wrong. God will never command us to do something that violates His Word. There are a lot of decisions that could be made easier if we would just pay attention to what God says in His Word. – Billy Graham

I have been driven many times upon my kness by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.  - Abraham Lincoln

 

I recently read that Mother Teresa handed out a little card and said, "This is my business card." The card was printed by a Hindu friend who supported her work. The card read: 
The fruit of Silence is Prayer.
The fruit of Prayer is Faith.
The fruit of Faith is Love.
The fruit of Love is Service.
The fruit of Service is Peace.

Yes, every Mom prays that her children and loved ones,  know a life of prayer, faith, love, service and peace.  This is my prayer for each of you: forever and always ~

No comments:

Post a Comment