Monday, November 16, 2015

Prayer for Togetherness

Heavenly Father,

In Jesus' name, I thank You for being our shelter. It is clearly an individual's choice to dwell in the secret place with You.  Really, who could say no to be stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, whose power no foe can withstand?! 
 
Today, I am moved to the power of the written word in declaring you our refuge and fortress.  In You, no evil can befall - nothing overtake us - no plague or calamity come near.  Thank You for Your angels who have special charge over us. Lord,  I pray for those who grieving and suffering in France and around the world due to senseless acts of terrorism.  It times of tragedy and as humans clamor to seize power of others, it's a privilege to claim the blood of Jesus Christ that protects all who claim Him as Lord and King.  You are faithful to defend, protect, guide and guard Your own.
 
As Bob and I prepare to travel to Dallas, Chip to travel home to Louisville, then Marc, Alyssa and Rebecca all in transit,  I ask Your provision and blessing throughout each, respective, journey.  As we travel, may we  fix our eyes firmly on You so we are kept in perfect peace. When we take to the skies or on the roadways, Holy Spirit remind us that You walk on the wings of the wind. You pilot our ways, even through humans that are trained and alert. 
 
As we sleep may we rest in the comfort of Your sustaining care. You, alone, make us dwell in safety. You give us comfort, calm and ease. Jesus, You are our provision, Father and You will keep our little family safe. You are faithful in every way, especially as we move about in short or long travels, we remain under Your watchful, caring eye. Thank You for taking care of us.   In Jesus' Name, Amen
 
 Jeremiah 1:12 The Lord said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.”
​Psalm 91:1-2 
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
​ ​
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
​ ​
my God, in whom I trust.”
 
​Psalm 91" 11-13  ​
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
​ ​
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
​ ​
no harm will overtake you,
​ ​
no disaster will come near your tent.
​ ​
For he will command his angels concerning you
​ ​
to guard you in all your ways;
 
​Psalm 34:7 ​
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
​ ​
and he delivers them.
 
God desires to protect us from all things that are evil – from substances that harm us, from situations that are dangerous, from environments that are deadly, from circumstances that can destroy us. God’s wisdom leads us as far away from evil as possible. – Charles Stanley Walk Wisely

When actor James “Jimmy” Stewart left Hollywood to become an Air Force pilot after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, his father gave him a copy of Psalm 91 to carry with him as he flew bombing missions. According to the Jimmy Stewart Museum, the actor​ said, ‘What a promise for an airman. I placed in His hands the squadron I would be leading. And, as the psalmist promised, I felt myself borne up.” Stewart was referring to Psalm 91:12:  “In their hands (the angels) shall bear you up”


Satan loves to blow up our fears into crisis-sized proportions so we are afraid that not even God is big enough to rescue us. – David Jeremiah

Let’s change our FEAR KNOTS into FEAR NOTS! – David Jeremiah

​We are all excited about being together soon.  It is a repeated topic of conversation for Dad and I. ​ I love a quote by Simone Weil, "To be rooted is perhaps the most important and least recognized need of the human soul." Family is forever.......and always ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment